Lead Scientist - Manufacturing, Scientist and Technology (MSAT)
Slough, United Kingdom
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking to recruit a Lead Scientist to join our Manufacturing, Science and Technology (MSAT) team based in Slough. As a Lead Scientist, you role purpose will be to support the technical transfer of manufacturing processes (either USP or DSP) using a defined structured approach between Process Development, through pilot stage to cGMP manufacturing. You will be providing technical support via project teams to develop the required technical process documentation in collaboration with external customers and well as other cross functional team members to provide oversight through to a robust capable cGMP scale process.
- Representing MSAT within multiple customer product project teams using a standard methodology/procedure to successfully transfer both defined as well as complex process stages either into USP or in DSP operations from development through to cGMP manufacturing.
- Be accountable for the identification & introduction of new raw materials for pilot and production scale batches, work cross functionally to ensure relevant transfer and communication of critical process and technical information such that projects meet the required deadlines/customer outcomes.
- Actively communicate with the customer via both face to face meeting and telecoms.
- Accountability for on plant technical support, process monitoring/training of required critical unit operations and off line completion of Quality systems e.g. deviation, change controls, CAPA’s working effectively in cross functional teams to deliver improvements to deadlines.
- Contributing to the resolution of identified manufacturing process issues through leading Root Cause Analysis (RCA) procedures to ensure continuous improvements are made to the cGMP process.
- Proactively anticipates and evaluates technical challenges within area of expertise and is self-managed in resolving deviations, unit operations including interaction and strong communication with both internal and external team(s) resources to achieve successful outcomes and to facilitate continual learning through experience and shared learning.
- BSc/MSc or PhD in science related disciplines
- Mammalian and/or microbial background
- Proven experience in a drug substance environment
- Strong knowledge in laboratory development and/or a manufacturing operations background
- Be a recognized expert in field USP and/or DSP drug substance operations from working in a cGMP environment
- Have a successful technical transfer expertise gained from a drug substance manufacturing environment
- Have demonstrable experience working in cross functional project management and technical transfer activities with ability to multi task, prioritize and be an effective decision maker
- Have a deep understanding of manufacturing process as a whole
- Strong interpersonal skills are required with ability to work cross functionally with internal and external customers
Opening Date: 17/03/2020
Closing Date: 16/04/2020
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.