R&D Associate Scientist, CGT (Temp)
The Research & Development Associate Scientist will work in a high performing team with the goal of driving innovation in the development of novel scalable viral vector production platforms for use in in vivo and ex vivo gene therapy applications. The successful candidate will support in identifying, developing and implementing viral vector production technologies, using resources internal and external to Lonza in order to support in creating scalable robust solutions to viral production bottlenecks. This hands-on bioprocess scientist will design and execute experiments, develop metrics for evaluating results and technologies and procure equipment. The incumbent will be responsible for acquiring, analyzing, and communicating experimental data in cross-functional fashion.
- Perform planned experimental work, including but not limited to cell culture, transfection, viral transduction/infection and analytical work associated with the project. Interprets results and evaluates next steps in experimental design. Organize and plan assigned daily activities to ensure timely completion of assignments
- Supports design and execution of experiments, including data analysis and communication. Obtains and analyzes experimental data
- Maintains accurate and up to date records, including appropriate lab notebook recordings. Capable of achieving deliverables on-time and high-quality.
- Leads and/or Assists in writing and revising technical documents including lab Standard Operating Procedures, testing protocols and reports.
- Maintains stocks of lab supplies and reagents. And other assigned lab organization duties.
- Prepares and regularly updates documentation required by other Departments of the company (such as Quality Control and Quality Assurance) or presentations to successfully complete assigned projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ph.D or MS with entry level experience.
- Preferred area of study: Cell culture, basic cell and molecular biology techniques
- Expertise in small scale lab experiments, shaker flask scale and assay execution
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to thrive in a multi-disciplinary, collaborative environment are essential. Independence and strong work ethic are a must.
- Positive attitude with willingness and agility to change priorities per the business needs. Problem solving, innovative outlook. Creative and collaborative. Takes ownership/leads.