Junior Project Manager
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Visp is investing significantly into large scale infrastructure projects. To support existing operating infrastructure functions a Junior Project Manager is tasked to contribute to concept development and project realization whilst ensuring plant availability in operations. This position will be responsible for the steady operation, safety and availability of the plants if assigned to him/her.
- Contribution in Planning and organization of the means of production for the purpose of fulfilment of the production program (in time, quality, output, costs) keeping focus on security, hygiene at the workplace and environmental protection requirements
- Support project realization, e.g. ensuring connecting the new assets in existing infrastructure and network.
- Provide support to business continuity by performing risk analysis, data analysis to allow knowledge transfer from operations to project and back
- Searching actively for options to improve security, environmental protection, the productiveness, production procedures, process control and the quality of the products and bring them to realization.
- organize the preparation of day reports, weekly reports and month reports and possible other reports
- Developing and budgeting projects, strategies, concepts and investments
- Leadership and development of the company according to the Lonza culture and their values
- A master degree in Engineering (Chemical or Mechanical)
- Native German as well as fluency in English
- First experiences in the field of Mechanical, Chemical or Energy/Utilities Environment (f.e. experience in infrastructure related projects, execution of projects, project troubleshooting)
- Strong time management skills and the ability to address projects at various stages
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization from plant floor to senior management and the ability to prepare and present information clearly to senior mangement
- Understands business impact of decisions and applies risk assessment skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.