Manchester, United Kingdom
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Assisting in the preparation of group reporting and accounts by working autonomously to follow established procedures, accounting principles and guidelines in order to maintain the organizations financial records and transactions in a accurately and timely fashion
- Ensure month end tasks are executed in a timely and accurate manner. Examples include, but are not restricted to, accruals, prepayments, provisions, inventory revaluations and fixed asset responsibilities)
- Analyze month end processes and look for ways to streamline/improve the process. Once improvement opportunity has been identified, you will be required to take the lead on the improvement project, liaising with key internal stakeholders when required.
- Assist in the year-end and hard close process. This involves playing a key part in the Lonza budget setting process.
- Take ownership of assigned area. This involves reviewing financial statements, and providing detailed analysis when required. Escalate any discrepancies to key internal stakeholders
- Play a key role in both internal/external financial Audits. Ensure all financial entries have relevant bank up, and assist Auditors as required (provide financial information, provide support when required).
- Support other areas of the business as and when required. This could include providing project support to AP/AR functions.
- Ideally AAT qualified or working towards an accounting qualification (CIMA/ACCA) or similar
- Preferably work experience within Shared Service Centre (SSC) environment with transactional month end closing experience essential
- Working experience of SAP system and intermediate excel skills (vlookup, pivot tables, sumifs
- Good understanding of accounting principles (IFRS). Works well under pressure, especially during month end. Works well in a team and understands the importance of teamwork
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.