Senior Project Manager
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Visp is investing significantly into large scale infrastructure projects. To pilot those the position of Senior Project Manager is tasked to plan, prepare and execute those projects in a complex multinational matrix environment. This position will be responsible for cost, schedule and deliverables in all phases of capital projects.
- Analysis of 5 years Businesses Plan (BSR), evaluation of future needs of Infrastructure’s performance using existing databases (mid-term Investment plan, Project Pipeline) to develop concept / URS accordingly.
- Planning and Execution of capital projects in various environment
- Project engineering and capital project management.
- Deliver capital projects on time, within budget and according to specifications = 100% in fact. Total Investment cost in the range of 10 – 70 Mio CHF.
- Build, coordinate and manage the project team, also in complex environment with multi-stage build-outs with contractors (cross functional, local, regional or international)
- Perform process / project engineering design tasks together with the whole team for the complete plant including utilities and infrastructure. This includes creation of innovative and sustainable solutions to make the plant / infrastructure functional, in alignment with site master plan.
- Responsibility for cost, schedule and deliverables in all phases of capital projects as approved with either Engineering, Study Requests or Capital Authorization Requests. During Project Execution measure progress, forecast cost spend and report to Project Director/Project Steering Committee and initiate preventative and corrective actions.
- Direct contact to and close collaboration with positions such as the Site Leadership Team, Engineering, Operations and Logistics/Process Project Managers, Project Safety, Environmental and QA leads as well as external contractors if applicable.
- Functional Lead in Matrix organization.
- A master degree in Engineering (Chemical or Mechanical) or Logistics/Supply Chain
- Fluency English and preferably German
- Extensive working experience in the field of Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- Track record in execution of large CAPEX projects in an industrial environment
- Demonstrated strong communication skills across multiple levels of an organization
- Strong financial understanding of capital equipment projects in a production environment
- Team lead experience
- Technical knowledge and functional understanding of production equipment
- PMP, Lean Six Sigma Qualification is a plus
- Strong time management skills and the ability to address multiple projects at various stages
- Ability to navigate complex stakeholder environments
- Working knowledge of FDA automation Regulations including cGMP
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.