Senior Account Manager, Materials Protection
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Challenges the status quo and looks for opportunities to make improvements in his/her area of the business and beyond. Embraces new initiatives and drives successful implementation in his/her area
- Understands and explains the corporate strategy to his/her peers and/or team. Provides feedback to his/her managers on the content of the strategy and its implementation. Uses knowledge of his/her own business area and related areas to identify and develop operational/financial improvements
- Actively seeks out and shares different perspectives from a broad network and implements alternative approaches. Works in partnership as an active member of his/her team and cross functional working groups
- Uses systematic approaches to ensure customer key metrics are tracked and analyzed for continuous improvement. Proactively seeks to understand internal/external customer and market needs. Develops insights that can be used to enhance customer satisfaction or leads and drives the identification of customer and market needs using data, research and customer relationships. Identify and execute profitable business opportunities. Actively champions and holds the organization accountable to uncover customer and market needs to enhance today’s business and tomorrow’s pipeline. Demonstrates an openness to receiving customer feedback
- Develops budgets and resource plans. Appropriately prioritizes multiple demands and leads defined work to successful conclusion on time. Establishes and consistently delivers on KPIs and challenging goals for him/herself.
- Takes personal accountability for outcomes resulting from choices and behaviors of self.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite of products, IBP(Forecasting system), and Salesforece.com
- 10 or more years of sales experience in Aerospace, Automotive and Electronic industries related to composite materials is required
- Challenges status quo of customer buying process
- Ability to understand market needs and translate into customer and commercial insights for internal and external communication thereby leveraging this knowledge to achieve corporate goals
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.