United States, Portsmouth (New Hampshire)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Calibration Supervisor will be responsible for the supervision of calibration staff and the calibration program. The supervisor is responsible for the planning and execution of support services to the existing instrumentation in order to insure the systems’ ability to meet production/business requirements as well as the overlaying GMP requirements.
- Prioritize, assign and schedule Calibration work orders and requests for support. Ensure all work is completed to cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Principles) standards. This includes timely follow up of change controls, investigation reports and deviations.
- Review calibration paperwork and approve upon completion for compliance with GMP and technical correctness.
- Evaluate current systems, develop alternatives, and recommend implementation plans to ensure that work systems support both business and regulatory requirements. Specifically this includes software change control and validation/re-validation of process control hardware and software.
- Assign work to direct reports including new projects and initiatives, prioritize work based on business needs, impact to quality and safety, and employee development
- Guide direct reports through technical challenges and escalation of issues
- Assist with development of employees to help employees achieve career goals
- Manage training for staff
- Assist with the planning and execution of plant projects involving calibration changes and process improvements
- Own change requests and complete change request tasks to support project completion
- High School Diploma or Equivalent; AS/BS in Business or Engineering Discipline preferred. Preferred area of study: Business/Engineering
- Significant cGMP experience or a technical military service background.
- Prior experience in the supervision of technical staff.
- Preferred ISA certification.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Ability to effectively communicate via written and oral communication al at all levels.
- Able to effectively evaluate calibration/instrument problems and be able to devise cause and affect relationships and propose solutions.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if it is not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.