Team Leader QC-Biopharma Bioassay
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
For our site in Visp we are looking for a Team Leader heading the Bio Assay testing group in QC-Biopharma. You will have the oversight of a QC group of approximately 5 people, including accountability for execution of routine operations and deployment of the overall QC strategy in the department.
- Accountability for his/her group to deliver on-time in full by meeting quality, safety and cost targets.
- Strong Interaction with the major stake holders, therefor represents his/her group in the QC-Biopharma department and is a member of the Lonza QC-Biopharma leadership Team
- Execute project specific scientific tasks (e.g. planning, implementing, guiding, consulting, delegating, reporting)
- Fosters an innovation culture. Anticipation, evaluation and implementation of technical innovations and trends by putting the right level of expertise in place (i.e. SMEs). Closely follows industry trends
- Manages his/her group, including definition and deployment of group targets, review and management of staff performance as well as definition of standards for people management executed by direct reports.
- Master’s degree in science, engineering or related discipline
- significant experience in a regulated pharmaceutical quality control and analytical development
- Proven leadership skills by managing teams and effective use of hard and soft skills in all aspects of management including conflict resolution, team building, decision making etc.
- Very good communication and negotiation in German & English verbally and in writing.
- Good interpersonal, communication and team collaboration skills and strong collaborative mindset.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.