Project Engineer (Mechanical Fabrication)
Tuas Singapore, Singapore
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are looking to hire a Project Engineer to join our Project Engineering team at Tuas site in Singapore. The role is responsible for the initiation, planning, execution and closure of site capital projects.
- Together with users, develop and issue the 5 years site master CAPEX plan with estimated capital expenses.
- Complete the approved projects listed in the CAPEX plan and capital expenses within the total approved budget.
- Leading a small to mid-scale or a lump sum (up to 2 million USD) project from initiation to completion. Together with the users, define the project scope. Drive the feasibility study, concept design, basic design, detailed design phases and a +/- 10% budget of approved projects.
- Manage the contractor during the construction phase to deliver the agreed quality, costs and schedule of the projects.
- Coordinate and manage the commissioning, IQ and OQ phases of the projects. Ensure completed projects and documents/drawings are properly handed over the users and Technical Services. Ensure project close out process is completed.
- Propose and evaluate modifications to equipment, processes and operations to improve safety, increase efficiency and enhance company goals.
- Supervise outside contractors to develop and implement Capital projects and plant modification.
- Support customer queries on process related issues.
- Involve in new customer tech transfer and risk assessment
- Good knowledge of key business process such as change control, permit to work, drawing management, documentum etc.
- Diploma or Degree in relevant engineering disciplines
- Mechanical fabrication experience, preferably in Biopharmaceutical or Pharmaceutical facilities will be an advantage
- Good understanding in process equipment design and operation
- Strong problem solving ability, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.