United States, Rochester (New York)
This positionat $22.00/hour plus benefits and 401K with company match!
Lonza is an integrated solutions provider that creates value along the Healthcare Continuum®. Through our Lonza Pharma Biotech & Nutrition segment and our Lonza Specialty Ingredients segment businesses, we harness science and technology to serve markets along this continuum. We focus on creating a healthy environment, promoting a healthier lifestyle and preventing illness through consumers' preventive healthcare, as well as improving patient healthcare by supporting our customers to deliver innovative medicines that help treat or even cure severe diseases.
Patients and consumers benefit from our ability to transfer our pharma know-how to the healthcare, hygiene and fast-moving consumer goods environment and to the preservation and protection of the world where we live.
Great opportunity for a Chemical Operator! Work for a global company in Rochester. Lonza Rochester produces biocides and personal care ingredients for the hygiene, preservation and personal care markets. This site was acquired from Arch Chemicals and is the oldest continuing manufacturing facility in Rochester, NY. Lonza offers a highly competitive salary, excellent benefits and a 401K.
Perform chemical operation tasks such as blending, extracting, drying, distillations, effecting size reductions with capability to perform and become certified in all processes involved in the full product line of the site.
- Responsible for safe and efficient operation of assigned process areas such that all regulatory, health, safety and environmental requirements are satisfied.
- Must acquire a working knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and ISO requirements. Responsible for maintaining cGMP standards of position in daily tasks and operations. Maintenance of data integrity at all times.
- Works daily to insure areas of responsibility are meeting housekeeping standards to avoid hazards.
- Will handle hazardous chemicals and hazardous waste during the normal operation of this position.
- Constantly striving to improve process knowledge, obtain new certifications and maintain existing certifications.
- Informs supervision in a timely manner of conditions which may affect safety, quality, capacity or cause a process equipment hazard.
- Proactively shares ideas or takes action to implement changes that will improve the site and your processes.
- Works cooperatively as an active member of own and cross-functional teams.
- Steps forward and takes personal accountability for outcomes resulting from choice, behaviors or actions.
- May be required to work overtime as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2 years of experience in manufacturing or related field. Must have basic computer knowledge.
- cGMP experience and prior chemical operator experience is preferred. Experience with SAP a plus
- Looking for driven, hardworking individuals willing to learn. Must be comfortable with working a rotating 12-hour shift.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.