Scientist, Product Development
United States, Bend (Oregon)
Lonza Pharma & Biotech has an opening for a Scientist II on the Product Development team. We are looking for a self-starter that contributes to a multidisciplinary team to design, develop and advance drug products to the market of behalf of customer’s and their patients.
A successful Scientist II must be sound in fundamental scientific knowledge and methods, proficiently execute a wide range of techniques and processes with little supervision, demonstrate effective technical writing, and be a leader and mentor in the laboratory environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Analyze and interpret data quantitatively in the context of relevant models and project goals
- Exercise technical proficiency in the design, execution, and data informed interpretation of experiments that contribute to project goals
- Applies quantitative chemistry and material science knowledge to solve problems and plan work
- Familiar with concepts of technology selection and process design
- Uses published literature and seeks multi-disciplinary input to inform work
- Proposes multiple solutions to problem statements and justifies selection
- Develops and executes complex experimental plans if necessary
- Plans for future analytical method lifecycle activities and documents method assessment to facilitate further development
- Document and communicate design and outcomes (both written and verbal) to the internal project team and the client with supervision
- Display leadership through lab management, continuous improvement initiatives, instrument ownership, or training.
- Takes ownership in preparing in-depth technical reports, summaries, and protocols; effective technical writer
- Contributes practically creative ideas to client projects and internal initiatives
- BS/MS in Chemistry or Engineering related discipline with 1-3 years of relevant experience. An entry level Ph.D. will be considered.
- Promote safety and demand high quality standards for work being performed.
- Curiosity and a strong foundation in hypothesis testing & critical thinking, chemistry & material science, and data quality & integrity.
- Team-work, customer service and good communication.