Senior Procurement Analyst
United States, Alpharetta (Georgia)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Building One Procurement community with globally harmonized and standardized processes is the context of this role. The incumbent of the role will support initiatives of the Procurement Analytics & Compliance team at Global level as well as change management, communication and implementation across all Lonza sites. Develop and drive continuous improvement initiatives across Global Procurement processes, tools and systems; using innovative solutions. Create and introduce Procurement policies and guidelines including change management. Research and provide timely, accurate spend & market analytics to the Procurement teams. Support definition of the digital needs and priorities in cooperation with the Procurement teams and key stakeholders. Support the implementation of new advanced digital technologies enabling more efficient and effective ways of working as well as increasing automation and simplification. By providing insights, benchmarking and external intelligence, play an important role in driving continuous improvement within their area and enabling the function to become world-class
ANALYTICS AND DATA TRANSPARENCY
- Support consolidation of Global Procurement data and ensure proper accuracy, categorization and transparency of supplier/spend base across all Lonza sites.
- Support implementation of systems, tools and processes related to data management.
- Support completion of relevant Procurement analytics and spend/savings/supplier analysis to help drive efficiently Direct/Indirect spend globally and support key Lonza stakeholders.
- Communicate market intelligence and macro trends for relevant commodities.
- Support Global Procurement reporting and monitoring (dashboards, Procurement KPI’s and initiatives …).
- Research and lead development of new algorithms, methods and models for understanding and providing insight into structured and unstructured data.
- Work with internal teams and/or third parties in developing advanced analytics solutions and identifying use cases for Procurement.
- Interpret data and analyze results using statistical techniques and providing ongoing reports.
- Creates efficiencies and removes waste in the reporting process.
PROCUREMENT PROCESS, SYSTEMS & TOOLS MANAGEMENT
- Support the definition of the digital priorities and identification/evaluation of relevant digital tools as well as the implementation of technologies across all sites (supplier platform, integrated market data, predictive analytics, AI, automation …).
- Define implementation plan, including identification of new capabilities required and determine learning and change plans connected with the digital work-stream.
- Scout the market for new digital solutions to increase effectiveness of our operating model.
- Support reliable and harmonized global sourcing processes to enable effective management of external spend.
- Support implementation of related systems & tools.
- Support development and implementation of Global Procurement procedures and guidelines (incl. SOP’s, policies...)
- Develop and drive continuous improvement programs across Procurement processes.
- Support and coordinate implementation of key Procurement processes, systems and tools with key Lonza stakeholders.
Identify and engage with internal stakeholders, including Procurement teams and Corporate Functions. Drive communications in especially when implementing transformational change.
- Support Global Procurement capability building programs and ensure implementation of Procurement training programs across all Lonza sites.
- Help on-board new Procurement employees through training and assistance with existing systems. Run department wide training for new processes
Drive global projects to either implement or enhance systems and processes across the whole Procurement organization (digital risk assessment, SRM and collaboration platforms, automated vendor compliance, etc....) and ensure full accountability in the overall achievement.
- Create and lead cross functional project teams, ensuring full involvement and participation to meet the short/medium/long term defined targets.
- Define and globally roll-out the data validation and testing's phases.
- Be accountable for the overall efficiency/adoption of newly implemented systems/processes.
- BA in Chemical Engineering, Business or Finance with 3-7 years in an Analyst role.
- MBA preferred.
- Power BI, SAP, BW skills preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem solving, influencing skills and effective communication.
- Affinity to processes and systems.
- Project management skills.
- Preferably versed in Procurement processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.