Senior Manager Indirect Category Management
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
As one of the world’s most renowned companies for contract development and manufacturing, Lonza Pharma & Biotech is recognized for our reliable, high-quality services, our global capacity, our innovative technology platforms, and our extensive experience. Our broad capabilities span across biologics, small molecules, bioconjugates, and cell and gene therapies. The Procurement organization is a critical component of driving business continuity, enabling growth and providing a source of competitiveness to Lonza. Become part of this exciting opportunity by applying for the position as Senior Manager Indirect Category Management.
- Establish, lead and execute a dynamic sourcing strategy for assigned spend category
- Develop and maintain market understanding and working knowledge of supply economics, processes and cost drivers for relevant product portfolio
- Ensure sourcing objectives, actions and priorities are aligned among procurement and business stakeholders
- Identify and deliver savings opportunities for defined category portfolio
- Plan, lead and execute negotiation of purchasing agreements and contracts with suppliers, to include effective interaction with Lonza legal team
- Identify and leverage global synergy opportunities with materials, suppliers and / or Lonza businesses
- Develop and manage relationships with key suppliers, including managing supplier performance and issue resolution
- Identify and engage with a broad range of global internal stakeholders to identify business requirements and challenges; effectively manage communication around strategy development, alignment and execution
- Bachelor’s required, (Masters’ or MBA preferred) in fields of science, technology, business, engineering or similar
- Extensive work experience in the procurement field
- Proven experience influencing stakeholders and working in cross-functional, international teams to achieve successful project outcomes
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
- Experience managing global relationships both internal and external
- CIPS, APICS, CPSM or similar preferred
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.