CMMS Program Administrator
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The CMMS (Computerized maintenance management system) Program Administrator will be responsible for administration of the SAP Plant Maintenance (SAP PM) and Materials Management (MM) modules. Responsible for managing external interfaces that interact with those modules (e.g. CMX, Orchestrate, iLAB, DMS, Network Drives). The administrator is a strategic function that focuses on developing, enhancing, troubleshooting and integrating best practices into the SAP CMMS to improve business processing, support maintenance teams, and ensure preservation of data mandated by the industry. This role is the primary point of contact for site change requests and corporate change notifications.
- Owns site CMMS procedures and is responsible for technical content and improving business practices outlined in those procedures. Provides technical input on global GROUP documents.
- Provides technical assistance to site users such as troubleshooting, training, and coaching as required.
- Process SAP user authorization requests for SAP PM & MM module transactions. Responsible for approving/rejecting authorization requests in a timely manner and ensuring authorized users have completed required training.
- Creates and maintains SAP PM & MM databases. Establishes and enforces standard guidelines for database objects that align with corporate global requirements. Process changes to database (e.g. technical objects, maintenance plans, tasks lists, materials, etc.). Manages processes for site users to communicate required changes to database. Provides assistance to Global Engineering project teams as needed to integrate new items into the database. Works with Global IT when necessary to process mass changes. Assess and execute change controls tasks as required.
- Manages work order / notification processes (e.g. establish work flows, define data entry requirements, manage SAP tables, etc.). Establishes and enforces data entry requirements to ensure quality of data.
- Generates metrics as required and assist with site user analysis requests as needed. Works with finance to ensure appropriate cost allocation to orders and generates cost tracking metrics as required.
- Work with site users to identify, prioritize, and implement system improvements. Act as point of contact for Global IT to request system configuration changes (EiCRs) and to support similar requests from other sites that affect Portsmouth uses.
- Manages external interfaces that interact with SAP PM & MM modules. Works with user groups such as Business Analytics, QC, Engineering, IT etc. to maintain secure interfaces. Integrates new technologies to continuously improve work efficiency (e.g. asset performance monitoring, virtual reality, barcode / RF scanning, etc.).
- Minimum high school diploma or GED required.
- Working experience with SAP PM and/or MM module experience required.
- Prior experience with SAP finance, HR, and business warehouse modules preferred.
- Prior experience with SAP S4 HANA a plus.
- Maintenance, Logistics, and/or Engineering experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite with focus on Excel, Word, Outlook, and Powerpoint required.
- Proficiency with SQL and Visual Basic preferred
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if it is not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.