Bioanalytical Principal Scientific Lead
Slough, United Kingdom
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Slough are looking for a Bioanalytical SME (Subject Matter Expert) to join a newly formed group called Global Drug Substance Process & Analytical Development Sciences team on a full time basis. As the Principal Scientific Lead, you will be an expert in Bioassay techniques. You will be liaising with the different analytical groups globally. Making sure that our approach to development activities is aligned and consistent between our sites and with our customer and regulatory authority needs. Following best practice, and looking at the markets for new technologies and development activities.
- Support the global scientific and technical challenges and direction of analytical services, with a focus on Bioanalytical Sciences
- Support the Global co-ordination and technical project/issue governance
- Improved science leadership on programs to fulfill customers’ expectations
- Improve Bioanalytical continuity and consistency on DS development programs (within and between sites)
- Be a proactive scientific advisor for the customer on their projects when needed.
- Solve significant technical project challenges in drug substance mammalian Analytical methods
- Support the Governance of operational standards and consistency within analytical development
- Assist in the development of an Analytical roadmap write capabilities and locations – to address deficiencies and expansion plans
- Drive innovation across the operations network to ensure efficiency and consistency in collaboration with R&D
- Communicate regularly with the operations network on progress towards the above objectives
- MSc/PhD in a Biotechnology/Pharmaceutical subject
- Wide knowledge of bioassay techniques, automation, and their application to large molecules
- Ability to influence customer, regulatory and Industry thinking wrt bioassay techniques and associated processes.
- Must have experience in recombinant proteins, microbial or mammalian, and complex proteins.
- Extensive GMP experience.
- Experience with IND (investigational new drug) or BLA (Biologic License Application).
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.