Portfolio Management Systems Administrator
Slough, United Kingdom
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking to recruit a Portfolio Systems Administrator to join our Research & Development (R&D) team and can be based in either our sites in Cambridge, or Slough.
The Program and Portfolio Management software Systems Administrator is a vital role, with responsibilities spanning portfolio management and administration, continuous improvement, and training. In this role, you will serve as the PPM System Administrator of the Project Management System(s) used for Portfolio Management and project tracking, with guidance from the PMO System Administrator.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a global administrator role and will give you the scope to help shape the system, make improvements and optimize the usage.
- Primary contact for the internal day-to-day activities for the Global PPM Management System (PlanView Enterprise One), primarily for the R&D segment.
- Managing the R&D aspect of the PPM software (PlanView Enterprise One/ ProjectPlace), administer resource and user changes, support weekly time reporting and integration of data, and generate routine and ad hoc reports in close collaboration with PMO Planview System Admin.
- Work with vendor support team on system issues and future system designs/upgrades.
- Designing and implementing the Global Program and Portfolio Management system. Contribute in future design aspects including interfacing to other Lonza systems for capacity resource planning and business analytics
- Developing and maintaining portfolio performance metrics (e.g. data completion, timeliness of entries, data flow) through key performance indicators (KPIs) and observing performance trends, actual vs. target, and statistical sampling
- Maintaining system documentation that can be impacted from system upgrades and modifications. Assist in performing user training to all levels of the organization, as required and prepare and deliver training to new users where no local super-user is available.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Portfolio/product or project management qualification (PMI PMP certification) essential.
- Education in a scientific or technical field preferred but not required.
- Advanced expertise in System Administrator/Design – Project Portfolio Management system, preferably in a research setting.
- Previous experience in system administration within a Portfolio Management tool, preferably Planview Enterprise One required.
- Fluent with system architecture, configuring screens within a software environment
- Strong communication skills, and able to act as key point of contact with regards to the system, dealing with internal stakeholders at a global level.
- Ability to work as part of a remote team, able to manage own time effectively and independently.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.