Quality Control Technical Expert (Cell Therapy)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Here at Lonza we have an exciting opening for a Quality Control Technical Expert (Cell Therapy) to join us on site in Geleen on a full time, permanent basis.
The Quality Control Expert implements and executes activities in the Quality Control department in the broadest sense while ensuring compliance with all existing GMP and safety standards. Acting as a contact person in complex issue handling and complex activity performance which requires knowledge and skills in the applicable expertise branch.
The position needs to thoroughly understand the activities linked to the applicable expertise, risk analysis, method implementation and other QC related issues in his/her branch
The technical Expert Cell Therapy will generate, review and approve QC documents and acts as expert for QC during internal and external audits and inspections.
- Good knowledge and experience of Quality Control (QC) methods and instruments
- Good understanding of QC analysis e.g. Flow cytometry, Elisa, safety tests or PCR
- Participates in the initial assessment of new methods to be transferred to QC
- System owner for method specific devices (initiation or review of URS, PQ and define maintenance requirements)
- The technical expert is expected to provide input for problem-solving of issues within his/ hers branch
- Interface with QC employees and contract labs as necessary to identify possible improvements and assess implementation with Supervisor QC
- To advise on and ensure generation, review and approval of QC documents in coordination with other departments and in accordance with cGMP
- Provide input in risk analysis for assessments where QC Cell Therapy input is required
- Suggesting and implementing process, planning and training improvements
- BSc/MSc in chemistry/biotechnology
- Proven experience with Quality Control and basic microbiological techniques (gram stain, sterility), endotoxin testing and flow cytometry/PCR
- Experience with GMP
- Strong planning, prioritization, and scheduling skills
- Strong ability to interpret data and troubleshoot testing in area of expertise.
- Excellent ability to problem solve. Changes work within their group quickly in unexpected situations.
- Outstanding ability to collaborate with other departments
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.