Operational Technology Systems Supervisor
United States, Portsmouth (New Hampshire)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Operational Technology (OT) Systems Supervisor role provides hands-on systems support to manufacturing and capital project teams as well as supervisory responsibilities for the OT team at our Portsmouth site. This is a key position within the Controls organization providing supervision and leadership to the systems engineers that serve the Controls, Process Development, Quality Control, and Operations teams. The OT group is responsible for the successful implementation and maintenance of the servers, networks, middleware, and associated infrastructure that support manufacturing operations.
- Build teams and operate across functional boundaries, both internal and external
- Translate strategic opportunities and emerging technology solutions into tangible pragmatic executable plans
- Resource planning and performance management
Mentor and develop junior-level systems engineering
Scope small projects, assign tasks and provide technical support
Participate in a rotating on-call schedule for after-hours production support
- AS/ BS in science or computer-related discipline preferred
- Substantial experience in a biotech work environment
- Experience with industrial control systems or manufacturing execution systems is preferred
- Designing information interfaces, data conversion, and network and infrastructure fundamentals
- Experience with operating systems; Windows Server, Unix, and Linux
- Experience with databases; Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with backup and recovery applications; Acronis, Backup Exec
- Experience with programming and scripting languages; Powershell, .Net, SQL
- Experience with Cisco or Allen Bradley network equipment
- Experience with GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) policies and quality change management procedures
- Proficiency with OSI PI is preferred
- Excellent Communication Skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if it is not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.