Senior Business Analyst
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
In this challenging and pivotal role you will assist the deployment of standardized Data & Analytics solutions within Lonza and ensure that the organization is able to capture, process and interpret scientific and business data in order to make informed decisions.
- Perform typical Business analysis activities and create deliverables such as User Stories, User Requirements, Functional Specifications / Acceptance Criteria as well as contributing to other project documents such as Business Cases and Project Charters.
- Conduct stakeholder analysis, creates and publishes the related communication material (including training) and conducts information and communication sessions as well as technical discussions with the purpose of internal marketing and initial discussions with new customers.
- Lead the development of standard and custom Business Intelligence solutions were a business need arises.
- Coordinate reporting and analytics activities and enforce deployment of defined standard across the network.
- Support in the development and implementation of a comprehensive Data & Analytics Roadmap for Lonza to ensure that that Operations and Services needs are anticipated and exceeded.
- Proactively identify opportunities for OT to deliver innovative solutions to customer issues/challenges and situations where leading edge technological innovations can be deployed to business advantage.
- Remain aware of external best practice in the field and use this knowledge to develop and maintain the necessary capabilities within the site/region/function.
- Work with delivery and the project team to ensure that the final solution meets the business requirements and customer's needs and is delivered according to plan.
- Bachelor degree in engineering or equivalent
- Significant experience as a Business Analyst within a relevant area
- Previous hands on experience with Business Intelligence tools and Data Integration technologies
- Previous experience with OSIsoft is an advantage
- Experience in CSV and GxP environment
- Good understanding of business processes in the manufacturing (ideally pharmaceutical) environment
- Previous experience with working in a complex Matrix organisation with global/multi-site manufacturing projects
- Excellent communication skills
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.