Manufacturing Execution System Center of Excellence Head
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We have recently been confirmed as the global manufacturing partner for Moderna’s vaccine against the novel coronavirus, providing a tenfold manufacturing capacity increase. As other businesses face increasing economic uncertainty, we are fortunate to have opportunities for expansion. Through this new collaboration, our work will have a significant, direct and long-term impact on the management of this global pandemic.
In this global and impactful role as the Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Center of Excellence (CoE) Lead you will drive customer demand management, people management, project management, solution development, maintenance, enhancement and operational support for the Mammalian/Microbial, API and Small Molecules operations networks.
In close collaboration with the business and IT partners, you will develop strategies and actionable plans that maximize the value from the use of Lonza’s MES solutions.
- Develop, drive and audit the implementation of the global MES strategy throughout the Lonza Tech Ops network
- Responsible for the selection, design and deployment of global MES technology standards for the Pharma operations network
- Lead the effort to ensure operational functionality of the MES standard as well as compliance to cGMP in collaboration with Sites leadership teams, Global Quality Assurance and IT (security and infrastructure)
- Lead, manage, coach, motivate and guide a team of highly skilled MES experts
- Establish and manage the MES CoE including; enabling capabilities, standards, governance framework and portfolio management
- Own the Lonza MES Template and ensure that’s maintained according to the Pharma TechOps Strategy and priorities
- Responsible to ensure that workforce plans, vendor management, budget management, customer change management, staff performance management and other internal processes are conducted professionally and in the best interests of our customers, teams, and other stakeholders
- Keep abreast of technical developments that may have application in the Pharma / biotech industry and promote the use of those that provide strategic business benefits
- Ensure team actively manages incidents, service requests, and change queues in compliance with Lonza processes
- Develop and continuous improvement of technical global standard for electronic batch recording
- Establish and manage a service to support manufacturing sites with the management of generic Master Batch Records and daily operations
- Liaise with Operations, Quality, Engineering, IT and Regulatory teams to ensure a compliant, lean and cross-functional approach to MES solutions
- Collaborate with all internal stakeholders including Senior Management, Functional Leaders, and Site Heads to gain alignment for MES strategy and to identify appropriate trainers and subject matter experts
- Ensure organizational effectiveness, achievement of business objectives and regulatory compliance
- GxP systems implementation or software development life cycle as well as supporting project and Computer System Validation(CSV) methodologies
- Professional experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry and expertise in GxP and regulations such as 21 CFR Part 11.
- Strong coaching, mentoring, and influencing skills. Strong leadership and people management skills, inspiring and empowering leadership style
- Demonstrated experience effectively collaborating with customers and cross-functional teams to deliver superior business outcomes
- Highly customer-focused, with demonstrable stakeholder management experience and passionate about delivering high quality innovative solutions and services that meet business needs, which are readily scalable
- A proven track record of running high performing environments, including virtual teams
- Innovative, responsible, and reliable with a highly developed strategic mindset
- Able to contribute at a functional leadership level beyond own immediate area of responsibility with strong communication skills and ability to forge relationships with a wide range of colleagues across the globe
- Experience in managing change initiatives with the commitment to implement change within the organization
- Flexibility to travel for up to 25% (both domestic & internationally)
- Adaptable and flexible to change in a large organization
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.