MES Recipe Author Supervisor
United States, Portsmouth (New Hampshire)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The MES (Manufacturing Execution System) Recipe Author Supervisor will Provide supervision and leadership to the recipe authoring group within the MES group. The Recipe Author supervisor will also develop new Electronic Batch Records (eBRs) and revise existing eBRs using a library of existing work instructions and operations.
- Provide supervisory responsibility for staff including setting performance goals and objectives, review of performance, etc. Stress the importance of safety for all staff members and develop an environment of continuous improvement.
- Assist in the building of task durations and overall schedule.
- Understand current requirements and schedule for completion. Balance multiple requirements to meet schedule expectations. Elevate concerns of schedule slip prior to the delivery date.
- Develop new or revise existing electronic batch records (eBRs) using a library of existing work instructions and operations including creation of complex process recipes.
- Work with and develop junior-level recipe authors to assign tasks and provide technical support.
- Assist and Lead training efforts for Manufacturing associates, supervisors, and eBR&D and personnel
- Create, assess and/ or review deviations and change controls. Authoring planned and unplanned deviations including CAPAs (Corrective and Preventative Actions). Closing all assigned quality docs in a timely manner.
- Participation in after-hours production support is required via a rotating on-call schedule.
- Certificate/ASC/ BS in science-related discipline preferred
- Sufficient experience in a biotech work environment
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Experience with manufacturing execution systems such as Emerson Syncade
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if it is not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.