Sterilization Operator I (Third Shift, 11PM to 7:30AM)
United States, Walkersville (Maryland)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Sterilization Operator I will be responsible for performing all functions related to the sterilization of equipment. This includes assembly, washing, wrapping and operation of the autoclaves and ovens. Individual will maintain records to comply with Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures. This person must be able to work Third Shift (11PM to 7:30AM).
- Operates autoclaves and ovens.
- Assists with operation of vial washers.
- Unboxes bottles and vials.
- Completes requisitions for internal departments, including preparing glassware, jugs, and reusable items.
- Completes all tasks by following approved company and departmental Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Provides training on Sterilization Services procedures.
- Maintains a clean and orderly area. Performs general housekeeping duties 8. Cross-trains in other areas as required.
- Maintenance of quality systems and cGMP compliance for the business by ensuring that all team members comply with processes, procedures and instructions for all activities in which the team participates.
- Is knowledgeable and complies with all pertinent safety policies, rules and regulations. Ensures that all team members comply with safety rules and regulations.
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent, experience in a production environment preferred.
- Ability to read, understand and follow the production schedule and SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures).
- Must understand the importance of compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices and ISO requirements.
- Computer software skills including Microsoft Office
- Must be able to manage time and maintaining regular attendance is mandatory.
- Written and oral communication, team oriented, attention to detail, independent work skills, strong work ethic.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule with occasional overtime required.
- Must be able to complete paperwork neatly and accurately.
Working conditions can include standing for long periods of time, excessive noise and heat, heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs), repetitive motion, chemical hazards, confined spaces. Wear safety glasses, steel toe shoes, and lab coat, at a minimum. Some tasks may require gloves or face shield. Some weekend and overtime work is required based on business necessity.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.