Microbial Control Project Specialist
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The microbial contamination control team is responsible for reducing risk of contamination based on the company’s vision for “zero” contaminations. The Microbial Control Project Specialist will work closely with the Portsmouth Supervisors and Managers on the microbial control culture, operations and awareness to improve the success rate. In this role, you be executing project work, aligned to local and global portfolio for Microbial Control. These projects could include manufacturing, work place changes, building and delivering training and others.
- Accountable for the compliant, effective and modern contamination control strategy
- Manage projects related to Microbial Control as a hands on partner to manufacturing asset
- Drive proactive microbial control through on the floor coaching, observation and teaching
- Frequently reviews and aids in alignment of best practice toward vision zero objective
- Participate in the development and delivery aseptic awareness training for manufacturing assets
- Participates in risk assessments and root cause analysis of investigations due to contamination or trends
- Supports as a subject matter expert for microbial contamination control during internal, customer or regulatory audits
- Participates in an effective and sustainable communication platform at the site level
- Writes, assesses and supports change controls when microbial control may be impacted because of requested change
- Prior project management experience
- Substantial knowledge of GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) guidelines
- Experience working in a Biotechnology environment, Upstream manufacturing experience preferred
- Knowledge of microbial control, environmental monitoring programs and/or disinfection programs
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if it is not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.