Technologist - Method Development & Validation (MDV)
United Kingdom, Slough
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The remit of the Technologist role is to contribute to scientific projects by generating and documenting data from experimental work, progressively taking ownership of the laboratory environment as experience and seniority increases.
- To perform experimental work independently using a range of techniques; ELISA, HPLC, CE, qPCR, icIEF
- To plan and complete assigned tasks within the required timeframe
- To collate, analyse, sign off data and prepare data tables
- To prepare and deliver presentations, protocols and reports as required
- To communicate progress and escalate challenges to Line Manager and/or scientific lead as appropriate
- To participate in trouble shooting/out of specification investigations as required
- Understand & comply with company, regulatory and statutory requirements
- Prepare GMP documentation e.g. SOPs and raise/complete regulatory records as required
- To perform laboratory housekeeping, perform routine instrument maintenance and reagent/consumable stock checks
- HND/BSc in relevant scientific discipline or relevant previous experience
- Good knowledge and understanding of analytical methods
- Have experience of working in a contract research environment or similar environment
- Good awareness of cGMP guidelines and how adherence to GMP impacts the way we work
- Good time management, organization and planning skills
- Effective communicator
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.