Manufacturing Associate (3rd shift)
United States, Walkersville (Maryland)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Manufacturing Associate (3rd Shift) will be responsible for participating in upstream and/or downstream aseptic manufacturing of LAL products in a ISO 5 environment according to company and departmental SOPs. Performs set-up and operate production equipment in the LAL Filling and Finishing areas. Performs product inspections and final kit packaging of finished goods.
- Completes batch records and production forms using GMP documentation practices
- Performs aseptic process manufacturing in a ISO 5 cleanroom
- Performs inspection and packaging of finished goods
- Operates Filling and Finishing production machinery
- Allocates inventory using SAP
- Performs environmental and personnel monitoring of controlled areas
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Aseptic technique
- Knowledge of cGMP and aseptic clean room behavior preferred
- Able to pass aseptic gown qualification
- Computer software skills including Microsoft Office and SAP, organizational skills, record-keeping skills, ability to manage multiple projects, and time management skills
- Written and oral communication skills, team oriented, independent work skills, strong work ethic
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.