United States, Alpharetta (Georgia)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Logistics Analyst Internship program is designed for students seeking a career in Logistics/Supply Chain/Transportation. The program provides the intern practical work experience to augment their education and career preparation. The Logistics Analyst Intern works with the Alpharetta logistics team on day-to-day operations and activities. The Internship offers flexible hours with the ability to work up to 40 hours/week during Summer months. The position is open effective April 1, 2020 and will extend into September 2020 and will pay $20.00 USD/hour.
- Facilitate the importation of Lonza product in accordance with all customs and participating government agencies rules and regulations.
- Audit international summary packets and invoices to ensure there are no inaccuracies.
- Perform freight invoice audit and approval of domestic freight invoices through utilization of 3PL logistics provider and internal auditing.
- Work with domestic carriers and distribution centers to investigate report and document in SAP the root cause, corrective action and preventative action for non-conformances related quality notifications. For carrier related incidents, claims will need to be filed and monitored
- Code and address past due aging reports for distribution center and freight invoices
- Provide freight quotations for domestic and international shipments (full truckload, LTL, full container load, LCL and air)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Junior or Senior University Student with a focus in Logistics/Supply Chain/Transportation with a 3.0 GPA
- 0-2 years experience in logistics
- MS Office with a highly proficient level in Excel and SAP
- Driven individual with a strong desire to succeed
- Must be able to multi-task
- Ability to communicate effectively
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.