Academy Training Specialist
United States, Houston (Texas)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Academy Training Specialist is responsible for executing Training Academy and Dedicated 2 Excellence (D2E) initiatives at Cell and Gene Therapy (CGT) sites at Lonza. While promoting training harmonization and alignment within the organization, this role will support CGT sites in operator process readiness through the delivery of technical training and design of training documents.
- Provide in-person support to sites that are implementing Training Academy and/or D2E Initiatives
- Offer suggestions to site training stakeholders on improving the efficiency of site training processes
- Serve as an advisor for training documentation format and content
- Use Operational Excellence (OE)-based principles and tools to resolve problems and track the implementation of solutions
- Practice good technical writing behaviors when generating/editing training documents
- Use knowledge of aseptic technique to ensure that training and documents meet cGMP standards
- Actively build positive relationships with training stakeholders throughout the organization
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of adult learning principles to ensure successful transfer of knowledge when providing instruction
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Preference for Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in a related field and advanced level of relevant to Training, Performance, and Manufacturing Instructional Design.
- Familiar with Cell culture, molecular biology or biotech/biopharma laboratory and/or manufacturing experience, preferably in a cGMP-manufacturing environment.
- Technical writing including manufacturing documentation and Standard Operating Procedures.
- GMP compliance knowledge; direct knowledge of relevant documentation requirements for cooperative manufacturing.
- Computer software skills including Microsoft Office, database and spreadsheet creation and maintenance, filing, organization, record keeping and planning skills, multiple projects, time management.
- Excellent Written and oral communication skills; listening skills; independent and self-directed.
- Experience with adult learning and human performance theory.
- Demonstrated experience with training design and implementation theories.
- Knowledge of OE principles and tools.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.