Scientific Ambassador; Drug Product Design
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Scientific Ambassador and Facilitator to support evaluation of Customer technical needs and support in designing their DP development strategy. Represents Lonza Drug Product Services (DPS) in nationally and internationally-recognized conferences, trade shows, workshops, etc. Supports sales and commercial functions in technical discussions.
- Support pre-evaluations and proposals with Customer acquisition, perform Customer site visits and present on Technical Lonza DPS capabilities.
- Support Lonza Customers and potential Customers in defining and building the target product profile, and most appropriate Drug Product & Drug Device combination product development and mitigation strategy, in connection with DPS LT peers such as DPS Commercial Development, Proposals, Pharmaceutical Development, Analytical Development & Quality Control, Manufacturing, Research & Development (Innovation).
- To support Customer’s clinical studies & filing strategy and any related regulatory questions.
- Support technical marketing activities, ranging from customer "roadshows", conference participation, etc.
- Assists in the creation and training of technical marketing collateral for use in marketing and business development.
- Support linking DPS activities and knowledge exchange to other relevant Lonza sites and organizations.
- Work as an individual contributor, but may informally lead one or more colleagues on marketing or business development projects.
- Assist in defining strategy for approaching the market place with unique DPS offerings.
- Applies knowledge of fundamental science to help provide innovative solutions / services for challenging problems related to parenteral drug product.
- Contribute directly to business priorities and planning and develops, adapts and executes business strategy to achieve organizational objectives.
- Provide input and innovation and technical strategy projects, generate IP and contribute to scientific publications and conference talks, with the purpose of keeping DPS at the forefront of the science community.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with key consultants and academic influencers.
- A Ph.D. degree in Life Sciences such as Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences or related field
- Advanced years in Pharmaceutical Industry with extensive parental Drug Product resp Drug/Device combination product expertise
- Excellent working knowledge in biotechnology development processes
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent reporting and scientific skills
- Excellent ability to interpret complex analytical data
- Excellent supervisory skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievement themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.