Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The QC Analyst is responsible for supporting personnel monitoring (PM) and environmental monitoring (EM), to include routine EM, Room Qualifications, utility system monitoring in both classified and non-classified areas within the Lonza Walkersville facility, and all related Microbiology Lab activities.
- Performs utility sampling.
- Performs Environmental Monitoring (EM) in support of lab operations and production room qualification
- Supports Aseptic Process Simulations (APS’), screening and counting fill-samples, and completing APS related documentation.
- Performs data entry and review.
- Performs assays such as bioburden and plate enumeration; Microbial identification
- Assists with lab maintenance: stocking, ordering, trash removal, equipment cleaning, sweeping, and other tasks as specified.
- May write and revise Standard Operating Procedures, perform project related tasks as assigned with detailed instruction, train other lab analysts on routine test methods, perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline required (or equivalent experience)
- Laboratory experience or vocational educational experience in a field like chemistry or biology
- Attains a solid understanding of cGMP principles. Acquires and documents training on all laboratory general tasks and is capable of performing assigned test methods and using associated instrumentation. Knowledge of basic and specialized lab equipment. Knowledge of/ability to learn microbiological methods, microbial identification systems and use of lab equipment
- Problem solves by selecting appropriate alternative from defined options. Writing is typically free of punctuation, spelling and grammatical errors. Records test results and maintains raw data and accurate laboratory records. Strong written and oral communication. Computer software skills including Microsoft Office and SAP. Completes assignments on-time and accurately.
- Interested in learning new things. Open to change. Is optimistic and displays a positive attitude even during periods of adversity. Independent work skills, strong work ethic. Dependable and able to work well within a team.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.