Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Manufacturing/Lab Technician will work in the assembly and testing of medical devices, medical equipment and disposables as per specifications. This is a full-time position and will be based in our Kingston, ON location.
This position involves some product development and manufacturing activities. This include manufacturing, testing and packaging of existing medical device products, developing and implementing product processing improvements and implementing new product transfers to manufacturing.
This position involves working effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision in a self-directed team environment.
- Working in a controlled environment requires accurate documentation and record keeping
- Precision in: Measurements, Assembly, Record Keeping, Hygiene, Health and Safety
- Work within a self-directed team environment
- Pull parts from inventory, inspect parts for quality
- Prepare tools, fixtures and test equipment
- Product assembly
- Test for performance
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent; a Biotechnology Diploma will be a plus
- Electronics/electrical experience is required
- Ability to use tools, fixtures, and test equipment
- Experience in a laboratory setting an asset
- Sound knowledge of Quality Assurance and Quality Control an asset
- Computer skills, MS Office
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.