Section Lead, Production Planning
Singapore, Tuas Singapore
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
You will be responsible for providing leadership and oversight to all routine operational and administrative activities which occur within the individual's team.
You will work very closely with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) from Supply Chain Management (SCM) and Manufacturing Sciences and Technology (MSAT) to ensure material needs for production are fulfilled. The individual is also expected to have a good visualization of capacity utilization, equipment and man-hours quantification in order for effective interaction with Finance (FIN). In addition, knowledge of production procedures/ constraints and ways to optimize them is a complimentary attribute, specifically when it comes to the creation of efficient production downtime to fulfil validation/ maintenance requirements. This position reports to the Head of Mammalian Manufacturing.
Administratively, you are responsible for measuring the team's performance against the Key Performance Indicators (KPls) of the Department and to drive continuous improvements efforts.
- Review the production schedule for execution from the MPS
- Maintain the accuracies of the manufacturing floor production schedule through close tracking of the actual start/ completion dates for all tasks
- Review production schedule for adherence to standard batch progression (SBP) on daily basis during tiered reviews
- Revise and refine production schedules arising from non-adherence to SBP
- Act as single-point contact for other functions with respect to all activities which may affect production scheduling
- Communicate changes (i.e. additions and deletions) in production schedule to relevant groups e.g. Manufacturing (MFG), Quality Assurance (QA) Batch Record (BR) Issuing, SCM etc.
- Collaborate closely with SCM and QA BR Issuing to ensure material requirements and BR needs are met in a timely manner
- Identify and communicate potential bottlenecks and/or constraints to Manufacturing Management
- Mentor, guide and train junior members of the team
- Contribute in throughput improvements/debottlenecking initiatives and suggest scheduling improvements
- Provide recommendations, in collaboration with Leads and Managers for schedule recovery in times of deviations from production plan to minimize impact to the MPS
- Devise run/ backup strategy in consultation with Head of Mammalian Manufacturing to ensure optimum coverage of all main runs in order to minimize potential loss of production slots
- BS in Engineering (Chemical/ Biochemical) or Science (Biochemistry/ Chemistry/Microbiology) related disciplines preferred
- Work experience in a cGMP regulated environment and prior technical knowledge in batch biopharmaceutical processing will be an advantage
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective interaction skills with SCM, FIN and Program Management (PM) teams
- Strong proficiency in standard Microsoft Office applications e.g. MS Word and MS Excel
- Preference will be given to candidates with S&OP scheduling/ forecasting and/ or production planning experience in a multi-product facility
- Familiar with SAP and/ or any other integrated Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system and/ or planning tools/ software e.g. ASPEN, MS Project will be an asset
- Strong analytical/ problem solving skills and attention to details
- Ability to influence peers and teams with no direct reporting lines
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills in team-based management
- Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Possess positive attitude and resilience to work under tight timeline environment
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.