United States, Wayne (Pennsylvania)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is hiring a Software Engineer to join our team of experienced professionals that are responsible for designing and building new functionality for our customers. Incumbent will work with the software development team on
Research and Development software, firmware, instrumentation and robotics projects centered on the RTS business unit.
- Maintain existing programs based on case-by-case specifications.
- Responsible for the details in the design of new or changing programs.
- Participate in functional test planning and testing for the assigned applications, functional areas or projects.
- Actively participate in agile team activities.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the assigned applications, functional areas or projects while ensuring the highest quality output is retained.
- Respond quickly and effectively to production issues and take responsibility for seeing those issues through resolution.
- Communicate clearly, strongly and effectively to small and large groups.
- Serve as a core team member for new product development initiatives.
- Other responsibilities as required to support the company’s growth.
- B.S. in Software Engineering or related field required.
- 2-4 years’ experience in software development required.
- Experience in software development, to include writing of design requirements, design specifications, unit tests, and the writing of related documentation.
- Working experience with Windows operating systems (Windows 10, Server 2019) and Microsoft Office.
- Must be a good communicator, able to adapt to change quickly, and able to work well in a team environment.
- Able to take a leading role on the team to direct software contractors.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.