Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Manufacturing Intern is responsible to support manufacturing projects in partnership with the Manufacturing Project Specialist Team and participate in projects cross-functionally across the site. This person will work closely with Manufacturing Management to support the manufacture of therapeutic proteins (API) under cGMP conditions and the achievement of department goals. The Manufacturing Intern has responsibility for the planning, preparation, implementation and delivery of projects assigned with assistance from the Manufacturing Project Specialist Team.
- Own and manage manufacturing process specific improvement projects that support KPI’s, with a focus on cost, innovation, on-time delivery and quality. Manage projects from concept to completion; create and manage project plan, work cross-functionally to ensure right first time and provide adequate training to impacted areas.
- Write/revise Standard Operating Procedures
- Assist with closer of quality events (Deviations, CAPAs, Change Controls)
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor or Associates Degree program. Preferred area of study in related Science or Engineering field
- Knowledge of industry, preferred knowledge of cGMP environment
- Use of Microsoft Suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Attention to detail and good investigation, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Perform assigned, complex and/or varied tasks with guidance from Supervisor.
Our Lonza Portsmouth site is a clinical-to-commercial, multi-product manufacturing facility located in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, only 56 miles north of Boston, Massachusetts. The site, which employs over 1,000 employees, is a custom manufacturer of therapeutic monoclonal antibodies and recombinant proteins using mammalian cell culture.
We offer an onsite cafeteria, unlimited coffee (hot, iced and lattes), as well as a delicious outdoor grill in the summer. The city of Portsmouth is a quintessential New England seaport town, home to many restaurants, breweries, museums, and theaters. The ocean and mountains are nearby and we have major cities close by (Boston, Portland, and Manchester).
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.