Production / Process Engineer
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Provide production/process engineering support to the site for ongoing production operations and new process introductions. Serve as a resource for implementing engineering studies, designs, evaluations and improvements to optimize utilizations
- Determine continuous improvement opportunities and implement improvements in the production units to optimize utilization (throughput, quality, safety, efficiency).
- Assist in day to day troubleshooting of equipment and processes in the Amines Unit.
- Monitor productivity, process yields, and product and process performance to meet production commitments in an efficient manner.
- Develops, plans, and coordinates projects from inception to completion ensuring efficient implementation, timely completion, and compliance to budget.
- Ensure employees are trained on new and/or updated process changes and equipment design.
- Ensure operating procedures are up to date and in compliance with appropriate standards.
- Responsible for evaluation, installation, programming and service of DCS (Distributed control systems) equipment.
- Assist with the migration of process control systems.
- BS in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Manufacturing experience required
- PSM experience preferred
- Delta-V, OSI and Batch experience preferred
- Experience gained through academic projects or internships
- Strong communication and presentation skills
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.