Operational Excellence Specialist
Singapore, Tuas Singapore
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there is no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Singapore is currently looking to strengthen the local Operational team with an Operational Excellence (OE) Specialist. The role is responsible for driving process improvement, operational excellence and business priority projects. Role will support the implementation of cultural changes towards a process of continuous improvement and act as an SME for Lean six sigma projects.
- Actively involved in all OE programs at Singapore Site.
- Lead and facilitate Continuous Improvement projects using Lean Six Sigma tools and methodologies to deliver measurable business targets aligned to the strategic objectives.
- Lead support in building OE capability in the business through Coaching/Mentoring of Project Team Members, Yellow/Green Belt & Black Belts and functional managers to embed Lean Six Sigma as a standard way of operation.
- Support other business critical projects as required.
- Stakeholder management in delivering agreed projects on time, on cost with sustained benefits.
- Strong team player who will positively influence others.
- Coach/mentor to deliver relevant understanding and mindset of CI within employees at all levels.
- Ensure appropriate use of OE tools and methodologies to deliver business aligned benefits.
- Actively lead in Hoshin deployment on site.
- Facilitate and lead cross functional Kaizen events on site
- Develop and provide OE belt training on site
- Use of Plant Wide Control Systems (PWCS), PI, TrackWise (TW) as required
- Customer interaction as required
- Any other duties as assigned by your Supervisor/Manager
- Degree / Diploma in Scientific or Engineering Discipline
- Certified Black Belt would be an advantage and a Lean Expert
- Hands-on experience with implementation of Lean tools & Six Sigma
- Significant years of Professional experience in Business/ Chemical/ Engineering / Project Management
- Experience with leading cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated hands on experience implementing 6S and Kanban in manufacturing, labs etc.
- Experienced in using several OE tools/methodologies like VSM, SMED, Kaizen/brainstorming etc. in improvement initiatives.
- Several OE related training delivered on regular basis. Experience with the preparation of training materials and running simulations.
- Successfully delivered several OE initiatives
- Coaching of individuals (Green/Yellow Belt) with at least 3 certified in the last year.
- Experience in deploying Hoshin Planning/Strategy deployment/Error Prevention System
- Possess good Analytical skills
- Excellent Planning/Organizing and Organizational skills.
- Structured problem solving method used on regular basis
- Ability to motivate self, individual and teams to set and achieve breakthrough performance goals
- Software: Microsoft applications, Minitab, Visio, Change Point Analysis, Advanced Excel for trending
- Customer focused and business oriented mindset
- Knowledge of cGMP / Aseptic is preferable.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.