Record to Report Analyst (4-months contract)
Costa Rica, San Jose
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Assisting in the preparation of group reporting and accounts by working as a team with the Senior Analyst and Supervisor to follow established procedures, accounting principles and guidelines to maintain the organizations financial records and transactions in an accurately and timely fashion.
- Supports the month, quarter and year end tasks activities in a timely and accurate manner working together with Senior Analyst. Examples of activities included, but not limited to, banks, accruals, prepayments, provisions, inventory revaluation, fixed assets.
- Executes and analyzes day to day activities to propose process improvements. Work as a team to communicate the opportunity areas identified and establish action plans as needed, liaising with key internal stakeholders when required.
- Performs the balance sheet reconciliations, providing analysis and issue resolution for possible discrepancies and irregularities, take ownership for the action plans to escalate it to key internal stakeholders.
- Ensures the financial records/statements are maintained in compliance with the US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) as well as International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) as needed, following the Lonza internal policies and procedures.
- Assists in both internal/external financial Audits. Ensures all financial entries have relevant and enough back up documentation.
- Supports other areas of the business as and when required. This could include providing day to day support to the business, other Finance Areas and within same organization.
- 3 or more years of experience in a Shared Service.
- Ideally proven experience in at least 2 RTR fields: GL, Intercompany, Cash, Fixed Assets, Taxes, Payroll Accounting, financial reporting, etc.
- Fluent English level must be B2 or higher.
- Technical High School or University Bachelor Degree In the area of Finance, Accounting or related feel is required.
- Knowledge of the full accounting cycle is ideal.
- Ideally knowledge of ERP systems (SAP).
- Solid computer skills – Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, SAP SD Module.
- Works well under pressure.
- Works well in a team and understands the importance of teamwork.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.