Accounting Associate (General Ledger) (4-months contract)
San Jose, Costa Rica
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Accounting Associate Level 1 performs a variety of accounting, bookkeeping and banking tasks. Main responsibilities include assembling daily deposits, making General Ledger postings and performing basic accounting tasks.
This is an excellent entry-level role for someone that wants to learn accounting activities within a shared service environment. Must be able to work independently, as well as in a team. Must consistently demonstrate the highest level of professionalism.
- Supports the month and quarter end tasks activities in a timely and accurate manner working together with Team Lead/Supervisor.
- Executes and analyzes day to day activities
- Performs the balance sheet reconciliations (low/medium risk accounts), providing analysis and issue resolution proposal for possible discrepancies and irregularities.
- Supports other areas of the business when required. This could include providing day to day support to other functional areas within GBSO.
- Business fluent English (B2+).
- Technical high school degree.
- Demonstrates an ability and desire to learn from experience.
- Treats errors as learning opportunity.
- Supports a culture of process improvement and problem solving
Every day, Lonza´s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve Is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.