Intern - Viral Vector
United States, Houston (Texas)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are actively recruiting candidates to participate in our 2020 Summer Internship program. This program immerse you into the culture and operations of Lonza Houston. Throughout your internship you will be giving the opportunity and will be expected to contribute as an active team member within the Operations department.
- Work with Projects Team on independent project for viral vector laboratory.
- Work with Operations Project Leads to develop Tech Transfer and Manufacturing project plans and assist in Work Instruction.
- Assist in post-lot release activities including deviation investigation assistance
- Assist in the kitting, movement and preparation of viral vector manufacturing laboratory equipment and materials.
- Completion of sophomore year (typically 60 credits) and currently enrolled in a B.S. or M.S. degree in a life sciences field
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.3 (out of 4) required
- Must be available to begin as early as May 18, 2020 with the internship ending around August 7, 2020
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Self-motivation and the ability to contribute as a team member
- Ability to organize, plan and execute projects
- Research skills and attention to detail
Every day, Lonza’s products have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.