Scientist, Virus Validation
Tuas Singapore, Singapore
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
You will be joining the recently established Virus Validation team within Clinical Development in Lonza Singapore. The Clinical Development group is responsible for the development and characterization manufacturing processes used for the production of novel therapeutic recombinant proteins for Lonza’s global client base. The purpose of this role is to design and execute specific virus clearance studies that demonstrate the effectiveness of purification processes for the reduction of viruses to support customers’ regulatory filings (IND & BLA).
- Design and perform hands-on laboratory work following protocols and working to GMP standards.
- Follow work procedures to set up and operate chromatography, ultrafiltration and dead-end filtration systems to GMP standards.
- Review and interpret raw data to produce good quality process knowledge and data sets suitable for inspection by regulatory agencies.
- Develop and manage relationships with external customers and teams at contract testing laboratories.
- Deliver high quality communication to ensure an outstanding customer experience.
- Working as part of a site and global project team, co-ordinate multiple projects and ensure timely delivery of project workstages.
- For role of Lead Scientist: Authoring of protocols and reports and interaction with regulatory agencies are required. Supervision of project teams and leading troubleshooting activities may be required.
- Degree/PhD in a relevant Science field or Equivalent
- Scientist: Adequate work experience although recent PhD graduates will also be considered.
- Senior/Lead Scientist: Substantial work experience or PhD with some years postdoctoral experience. Practical laboratory experience in virus clearance studies, study directing and project management is required.
- The final role offered will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience.
- Understanding of cGMP regulations and quality management is required
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Good team working skills
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.