Marketing Campaign Manager
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Marketing Campaign Manager has two key areas of responsibility. The first is to collaborate with the Strategic Marketers, the Digital Marketing and demand generation teams to identify and conceptualize multi-channel marketing communication strategies, programs, and campaigns and develop marketing execution plans for assigned verticals that generate direct demand and highly-qualified leads for new business development. The second area is to design, execute and measure marketing communication campaigns, including budget planning, timeline development, management of external resources, audience segmentation/list planning, content creation, digital deployment, and ROI analysis, in collaboration with the Digital, Demand Generation and Marketing teams.
- Collaborate with marketing leadership to develop marketing communications execution plans with a focus on demand generation and sales lead growth for assigned verticals.
- Develop vertical-specific multi-channel communications plans, utilizing programmatic display advertising, email, paid search, paid social, direct mail, and other channels as appropriate.
- Research competition, identify latest trends, technical and methodical advancements to ensure relevant messaging, timing and target audience segments.
- Communicate and coordinate directly with Vertical Sales and Business Development Client to identify specific campaign needs.
- Coordinate and oversee detailed campaign budgets, tracking expenses and ensuring campaigns are inside budget constraints.
- Develop campaign timelines and schedules, communicating deadlines with all stakeholders.
- Marketing, Digital technologies or similar relevant field
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s or other technical education in a life sciences topic
- Significant marketing campaign management experience, preferably in B2B environment.
- Significant experience with multi-channel marketing, including e-marketing, programmatic display advertising, SEO/paid search and paid social.
- Global work experience – preferred
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Excellent facilitation and creative problem solving skills.
- Independent and experienced marketing communications manager with a "can do" attitude and a "hands on" approach.
- Collaborative team-worker who works well with cross-functional, global teams in large organizations
- Organized and strong focus on process and execution.
- Strong negotiating abilities.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time and cost-efficiently work with external vendors
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.