Junior Chemist Process Development
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
As a member of our chemical process development team within Lonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI) in Visp, Switzerland you will plan and execute laboratory experiments for our new chemical processes in close collaboration with the project teams.
- Planning and conducting of chemical experiments in collaboration with senior chemists and engineers for various chemical process development processes.
- Data collecting, processing and interpretation of chemical experiments.
- Analysis and characterization of chemical products.
- Maintenance and development of laboratory equipment.
- Supervision of junior team member (e.g. apprentices).
- Bachelor or Master degree in chemistry with focus on organic chemistry or chemical engineering.
- Excellent technical skills and experience with the current laboratory techniques.
- Independent, sociable, and customer-oriented personality.
- Structured, focused and well-organized working attitude, you are working process-oriented.
- Ability to think abstractly, you are well organized and remain calm in stressful situations.
- A flexible personality, initiative, willingness to learn and commitment complete your profile.
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Fluent in German (both written and spoken), English is a plus.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.