Fill/Finishing Technician - Mid Level
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Fill/Finishing Technician- Mid Level will be responsible for performing production functions in the Class 100 cleanroom (core) and Finishing area according to company and departmental SOP’s. Individual will set up and operate production equipment. Individual will maintain records to comply with Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures. Individual will work in a fast-paced, safety-oriented, team environment.
- Order and maintains adequate production and laboratory supplies using the SAP system
- Order supplies from outside vendors
- Order production labels
- Set-up Media Finishing Lines
- Set-up Media Filling Machines
- Review SOPs/MBRs/Forms for revision
- Review and sign batch records
- Sign off training records
- Write deviations
- Assist in training entry level staff members
- Maintenance of quality systems and cGMP compliance for the business by ensuring that all team members comply with processes, procedures and instructions for all activities in which the team participates.
- Knowledgeable and complies with all pertinent safety policies, rules and regulations
- A.A. in biological sciences with 1-5 years in a cGMP production environment is desirable. College education can be substituted for years of experience.
- Ability to read, understand and follow the production schedule, DMRs (Devive Master Records) and SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures).
- Ability to understand the importance of compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices and ISO requirements.
- Must be able to use aseptic technique
- Computer software skills including Microsoft (Outlook, word, excel), SAP and Trackwise
- Must be able to manage time and maintaining regular attendance is mandatory
- Neat and accurate recordkeeping
- Written and oral communication, team oriented, attention to detail, independent work skills, strong work ethic
A majority of the work is done in a laboratory environment. While working in the area the minimal gowning requirements are safety glasses, hairnet, steel toed shoes and lab coat. Additional responsibilities require entrance into a cleanroom environment. While working in the cleanroom additional gowning requirements are, shoe covers, hood, gown, mask boots and two pair of gloves. Working conditions can include standing for long periods of time, excessive noise, lifting up to 50 lbs, repetitive motion, chemical hazards and confined spaces. Must be able to work a flexible schedule with overtime and weekend work required.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.