Finance Director, APAC
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there is no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
This is a newly created role and the Finance Director will oversees & leads all financial aspects of the APAC Region. Role will assist the Head of Commercial Operations APAC and the APAC leadership team in driving sustainable profitable growth agenda and regional vision. The role will also be responsible for assessing the financial performance of the region, including commercial arrangements and investments, as well as identifying and quantifying possible risks and opportunities, leading local accounting, tax and treasury activities and ensuring financial compliance.
- Provide leadership to the Finance and Accounting strategy, to optimize the company’s financial performance and strategic position
- Drive the financial planning and analysis for the region by analyzing its performance and risks and opportunities
- Contribute fully to the development of regional strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, commercial arrangements, investments (marketing, CAR, personnel), asset optimization, overhead costs, plans, targets and business drivers
- Lead, manage, and develop local finance team and promote exposure to broader Lonza team
- Oversee all audit and internal control operations and ensure compliance with company and local legal, tax and statutory requirements
- Prepare timely and detailed reports on financial performance and KPIs on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Provide on a monthly basis the consolidated outlook for the region, including risks & opportunities.
- Work with senior teams, sales, marketing, and operations to grow the business, formulating strategies and plans
- Lead BSR and annual Target process in conjunction with Corporate, Segment, and BU requirements
- Corporate finance: manage company policies and execution of plans regarding legal entity capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, legal entity structure, disposals and acquisitions, as appropriate.
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with internal and external parties.
- Coordinate with company compliance, controlling and other forums to elevate processes and effectiveness through implementation of best practices and continuous improvement.
- Masters or Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Extensive experience in Finance, Accounting and or Controlling in a Commercial business/Manufacturing environment
- Experience working in a cross-functional global environment, managing teams & stakeholders across the APAC region
- Leadership experience to align project goals with organization and corporate goals
- Previous work experience as a Finance Business Partner
- Knowledge of accounting regulations; good GAAP and IAS standards understanding
- Capable of working with little supervision and working effectively with all levels within the organization
- Demonstrated success in a highly complex, customer-focus role; proven problem solving skills
- Hands-on with SAP or any integrated reporting systems
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) to interact with colleagues at all levels
- Travel required (30%) – to engage with in-country Finance Leaders & Business stakeholders, reporting, rolling out projects implementation, etc.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.