Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is establishing a strategic biomanufacturing base in China using GE Healthcare Solutions. With the new facility, Lonza is responding to growing demand for a high-quality CDMO in the Chinese market. You need to execute the creation of the cell banks for the production of the therapeutic proteins and to provide technical expertise for the cell banking activities to ensure they are executed with a high standard in compliance with ICH guidelines, GMP and business principles.
- To create and maintain cell banks of mammalian cell lines within a Current Good Manufacture Practices clean room environment. Activities include cell culture work such as subculture, medium preparation and preparation of end of production cell banks.
- Establish and creating/writing Standard Operation Procedure (especially in the initial phase) for all cell banking related activities
- Routine maintenance including but not limited to equipment checks and maintenance, stores, cleaning.
- Booking and reviewing various internal or external testing such as mycoplasma and adventitious testing and release of cell banks for Current Good Manufacture Practices manufacturing
- Coordinate and enable shipping schedules/ logistics for sending cell banks for external testing or transfer to other sites/customers
- Document and may own quality records (deviations, change controls, log book checks)
- Accurate completion of batch record documentation, reports and Standard Operation Procedure in accordance with Lonza policies and current Good Manufacturing Practices
- Demonstrated increased understanding of the scientific and technical theory behind Lonza and customer processes.
- The initial phase of this position will be involved in the establishment of the facility (including but not limited to equipment and inventory purchase, equipment and facility validation and qualification runs, facility design and set up).
- Degree/Masters in a relevant Science field or Equivalent
- Practical laboratory experience in cell culture in a Current Good Manufacture Practices facility is required
- The final role offered will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience.
- Understanding of theory and application of mammalian cell culture.
- Strong knowledge of Current Good Manufacture Practices regulations
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written).
- Good teamworking skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English will be advantageous
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.