Manufacturing Science and Technology (MSAT) Summer Internship
United States, Portsmouth (New Hampshire)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are actively recruiting candidates to participate in our 2020 Summer Internship program. This program immerse you into the culture and operations of Lonza Portsmouth. Throughout your internship you will be giving the opportunity and will be expected to contribute as an active team member within the Manufacturing Science and Technology (MSAT) department.
- Support site API production across multiple manufacturing suites and multiple production lines.
- Develop a basic understanding of the cGMP fermentation and purification processes via data analysis, including PV (process validation) and PPQ (process performance qualification) stages.
- Collect, analyze and archive process support and experimental data.
- Gain experience with industry analytic tools such as Statistica, PI and SIMCA
- Support activities in the cell culture, purification, and analytical MSAT Development Laboratories (equipment standardization, calibration and use, mammalian cell fermentation, chromatography, application of aseptic technique etc.)
- Completion of sophomore year (typically 60 credits)
- Must be working towards a BS or MS degree in a related field
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (out of 4) required
- Must be available to begin the internship on Monday May 18, 2020 or June 1, 2020 and the internship ends Friday August 7, 2020
Our Lonza Portsmouth site is a clinical-to-commercial, multi-product manufacturing facility located in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, only 56 miles north of Boston, Massachusetts. The site, which employs over 1,000 employees, is a custom manufacturer of therapeutic monoclonal antibodies and recombinant proteins using mammalian cell culture.
We offer an onsite cafeteria, unlimited coffee (hot, iced and lattes), as well as a delicious outdoor grill in the summer. The city of Portsmouth is a quintessential New England seaport town, home to many restaurants, breweries, museums, and theaters. The ocean and mountains are nearby and we have major cities close by (Boston, Portland, and Manchester).
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.