Business Analytics Internship
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Business Intelligence Analyst Intern works closely with members of the Business Analytics team and other various stakeholders to design, construct, implement and analyze data in the form business intelligence reporting solutions.
Working alongside solutions architects, data analytics developers and subject matter experts, the Business Analyst designs robust analytics interfaces in the form of dashboards, opIntelligenceerational reporting, KPIs, and other business metrics.
The Business Intelligence Analyst Intern performs and promotes data analysis and facilitates understanding of data in new ways by measuring key business and process performance measures.
The Business Intelligence Analyst Intern must leverage technical knowledge with appropriate business experience to foster the ongoing implementation and adoption of a common business intelligence platform and reporting toolset.
- Develop and implement analytics/reporting/data pulls/data analysis to meet the specified needs
- Analyze data from various business functions and propose appropriate measurement practices
- Maintain and enhance existing data analytics solutions and develop ways to capture data in an efficient and reusable manner
- Collaborate with solutions architects, developers and stakeholders on the overall design and implementation of acceptable analytics solutions
- Facilitate data integrity and the ongoing development of a consolidated data warehouse environment
- Mentor business users on proper data visualization technique and best practices for data reporting
- Partner with Operational Excellence and business departments to identify opportunities to apply data analytics to improve process performance, efficiency, and decision making.
- Perform and propose intermediate reporting options to meet specific needs while planning longer lasting solutions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor or Associates Degree program. Preferred area of study in related Science or Engineering field
- Knowledge of industry, preferred knowledge of cGMP environment
- Use of Microsoft Suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Attention to detail and good investigation, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Perform assigned, complex and/or varied tasks with guidance from Supervisor.
Our Lonza Portsmouth site is a clinical-to-commercial, multi-product manufacturing facility located in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, only 56 miles north of Boston, Massachusetts. The site, which employs over 1,000 employees, is a custom manufacturer of therapeutic monoclonal antibodies and recombinant proteins using mammalian cell culture.
We offer an onsite cafeteria, unlimited coffee (hot, iced and lattes), as well as a delicious outdoor grill in the summer. The city of Portsmouth is a quintessential New England seaport town, home to many restaurants, breweries, museums, and theaters. The ocean and mountains are nearby and we have major cities close by (Boston, Portland, and Manchester).
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.