Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The QC (Quality Control) Environmental Monitoring Analyst will act as a team member of the Quality Control department to support routine environmental monitoring of air, surface, and clean utilities for manufacturing of in-process and final product drug lots for customers. Analyst will perform analysis of environmental monitoring test results according to SOPs and Test Methods and provides on-time, high quality results to meet Manufacturing demands.
Shift schedule is Wednesday through Saturday- Day shift
- Analysis of environmental samples according to Standard Operating Procedures and Test Methods.
- Routine environmental monitoring of air, surface, water, gas and steam systems.
- Documentation of results in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- General lab support including housekeeping, equipment maintenance, inventory of supplies, etc.
- Complete GMP and Safety Training.
- Problem solving of analytical methods as well as troubleshooting of equipment will also be performed as the employee advances from one level to the next.
- Advancement from one level to the next is based on evaluation parameters listed for each level.
- Perform routine testing with supervisor direction.
- Perform assay review achieved with assay competency with supervisor direction.
- Associates or Bachelor of Arts/Science in science-related discipline: Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biology or other relevant science discipline.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment and knowledge of aseptic technique and gowning procedures, including Grade B gowning is preferred.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced, high workload environment, and be able to manage multiple projects and objectives for on-time event closure.
- Must work well on a team, and be able to trouble shoot and problem solve in a cross functional team setting. Must be proactive, action oriented, and have the ability to adapt to a change.
- Must have strong communication skills both verbally and written.
- Proven logic and decision making abilities, critical thinking skills.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if it is not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.