Quality Control Internship
United States, Portsmouth (New Hampshire)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The QC Intern will act as a team member of the Quality Control department to support production of in-process and final product drug lots for customers. You will also participate in quality testing for ongoing customer stability studies. While providing on-time, high quality results to meet Manufacturing demands.
- Apply job skills and company's policies and procedures to complete a variety of tasks.
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
- Works on problems of moderate scope in which analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
- Running test samples for In-process, Lot Release, and Stability studies.
- Reviewing assays
- Training others
- Writing- Quality Records (Deviations, CAPA, Change Control) and Test Methods
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Completion of sophomore year (typically 60 credits)
- Must be working towards a BS or MS degree in a related field
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (out of 4) required
- Must be available to begin the internship on Monday May 18, 2020 or June 1, 2020 and the internship ends on Friday August 7, 2020
Our Lonza Portsmouth site is a clinical-to-commercial, multi-product manufacturing facility located in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, only 56 miles north of Boston, Massachusetts. The site, which employs over 1,000 employees, is a custom manufacturer of therapeutic monoclonal antibodies and recombinant proteins using mammalian cell culture.
We offer an onsite cafeteria, unlimited coffee (hot, iced and lattes), as well as a delicious outdoor grill in the summer. The city of Portsmouth is a quintessential New England seaport town, home to many restaurants, breweries, museums, and theaters. The ocean and mountains are nearby and we have major cities close by (Boston, Portland, and Manchester).
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.