Project Leader Purification Development
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
For our site in Visp we are looking for an experienced Project leader.
- You will develop and optimize processes in customer projects on biopharmaceuticals, especially for recombinant proteins
- You will act as the technical and administrative project lead in DSP projects and serve as primary on-site interface for the customer
- You will develop the purification unit operations of a process in terms of clinical phase requirements and customer expectations
- After successful establishment of the purification process, you will take responsibility for the technical transfer of these processes into manufacturing
- You will be responsible for all DSP-relevant aspects of the project ensuring conformity to technical and quality requirements and for on-time delivery of the project within the agreed cost
- You will work with laboratory technicians and scientists on the design, execution and interpretation of the laboratory experiments
- You will provide regular updates on the project status internally as well as to the customer
- You will work in interdisciplinary teams with a high level of commitment and contribute to their success
- Advanced degree in biotechnology or biochemistry
- Several years of experience in protein purification
- Expertise in chromatography, membrane separation and filtration, ideally gained in a biopharmaceutical environment
- An understanding and intuition for programming languages is needed
- Experience in design of experiment (DoE) methodology as well as statistical data analysis (using JMP or similar software)
- A good understanding of process characterization and late phase development projects
- Experience in automation of workflows is a plus
- In general, you have a results-oriented approach, even in difficult situations, you are able to stay focused and meet the developing challenges with energy
- You enjoy contributing to the success of our dynamic group
- Excellent English and good German language skills complete your profile
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.