Area Sales Manager
The Crop Protection business is expanding in the USA and Lonza requires an Area Sales Manager located in the Fresno, California area. He/she will have 10 or more years of sales experiences for herbicides, insecticides, fungicides and similar products to fruit, nut, and vegetable customers. He/she will have well-established relationships with key distributor, retailer, PCA, and grower decision makers. He/she will have excelled in promoting new and existing brands. He/she will have strong written and verbal skills to ensure valued communication with customers and within Lonza. He/she will have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills in order establish timelines and work collaboratively with customers and the Lonza team. He/she will have leadership experience and/or potential to lead a future sales staff as the business grows. This person will be charged with delivering budgeted revenue, margin, and volume for the area. This person will manage the assigned area in support of total business team.
- Budget – Deliver the area’s budgeted revenue, margin, and volume.
- Relationship Management – Maintain and develop relationships with key distributors, retailers, PCAs, and growers within the area. Provide superior customer service. Penetrate accounts broadly and deeply. Align customer needs with Lonza’s capabilities in order to yield economically sustainable value growth.
- Strategic Alignment – Champion the team’s short, medium, and long-term objectives with customers, applications, and markets within the area. Collaborate with business leaders to negotiate, drive, and implement product and pricing strategies. Coordinate with Sales colleagues with respect to inter-area customers.
- Market Intelligence – Continuously monitor, analyze, and report on competitive activities, new business opportunities, regulatory developments, customer perceptions, and market needs. Author and distribute timely, comprehensive communications for all pertinent customer and market activities.
- Administrative – Maintain accuracy and timeliness of product/customer forecasts. Participate in annual budgeting activities. Consistently utilize Salesforce.com in conjunction with team needs. Fulfill area obligations with strict adherence to Lonza’s ethics and conduct requirements.
- Account Planning – Author, maintain, and utilize comprehensive account plans for any / all strategic customers within the area.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location: Fresno, CA area
Compensation: Base salary & Competitive Bonus
Office: Home based
Car Allowance provided
Leadership potential with business growth